Montana RBS Alcohol Server Training Permit
Montana Alcohol Seller-Server Training Requirements
Responsible alcohol seller-server training ensures that sellers and servers of alcohol understand the liquor laws in their states and serve alcoholic beverages responsibly.
This responsible vendor training program can significantly reduce the risk and liability associated with alcohol service - whether or not it is required by your state. It also provides a “reasonable efforts” defense against service violations and civil claims and may reduce insurance premium costs.
Whether you’re a server, bartender, store clerk, manager, or business owner, this online alcohol server training is the easiest, most efficient way to learn about the responsibilities and best practices related to selling and serving alcohol. Your online Montana alcohol server certification gives you the training you need without the wasted time spent in a classroom! Earn you Montana alcohol license from the convenience of your home!
Montana Alcohol Regulatory Agency
The Montana Department of Revenue - Liquor Education Unit is responsible for the control over the importation, distribution, sale, and consumption of alcoholic beverages, which applies to all retailers, suppliers, and wholesalers who are licensed to manufacture, sell, serve, transport, or store liquor in the State of Montana.
Source: Montana Department of Revenue - Liquor Education Unit
Responsible alcohol sales and service training is mandatory in the state of Montana. Liquor license holders are required to ensure that all employees who serve or sell alcohol, their immediate supervisor and the licensee, if they serve or sell themselves, are trained through a state approved training provider. Training must occur within 60 days of hire and every three years thereafter. Licensees are also required to maintain employment records verifying employee completion of training.
Source: Montana Department of Revenue - Alcohol Seller-Server State Law
Montana Approved Alcohol Server/Seller Training Provider - Learn2Serve: 360Training
Montana Alcohol Seller-Server Training Regulations
Montana Alcoholic Beverage Laws, Rules, & Regulations:
- Montana Annotated Code - Title 16. Alcohol and Tobbaco - Chapter 4 License Administration - Part 10. Responsible Alcohol Sales and Service
- Montana Annotated Code - 16-4-1005. Licensees required to ensure training.
- Montana Department of Revenue - Liquor Education Unit - Reponsible Alcohol Sales and Service Training Act
Montana Alcohol Seller-Server Training Contact Info
Montana Department of Revenue
Liquor Education Unit
Sam W. Mitchell Building
125 N. Roberts, 3rd Floor
Phone: (406) 444-4307
Montana RBS Alcohol Seller-Server Training Course
This course is about 3 hours in length and provides the learner (i.e., bartender, server, waiter, or a waitress) with the necessary knowledge about the particular state laws regarding alcohol service and proven techniques needed to be a responsible seller of alcohol and for providing a safe environment for customers. Specifically, you will learn:
- how to protect yourself and your establishment from liability;
- how alcohol affects your customers;
- how to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers;
- how to prevent customers from becoming intoxicated;
- how to intervene when you need to refuse a sale to someone;
- how to prevent and deal with disturbances;
- how to accurately check IDs and recognize minors;
- how to prevent second-party sales; and
- how to refuse a sale.
Credit Hours: 3 hrs
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
- Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
- Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
- Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
- Lesson 6: Second-Party Sales
- Lesson 7: How to Refuse a Sale
- Lesson 8: State Laws
End of Course - Certificate
At the conclusion of the course, the learner will be tested on their knowledge of the learning objectives and content. Upon successfully passing the exam with a minimum of 70%, the learner will be issued a course certificate document (or permit).
- Duration: 3 Hours
- 100% online - no classroom attendance!
- Take course anywhere and anytime!
- Download certificate upon completion!
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 - Online
Montana RBS Alcohol Seller-Server Training On-Premise - Price: $15.00
Get up to a 40% group discount! Enroll and train all your food safety employees with a group enrollment. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners using a cloud-based platform. More Info
We offer online Alcohol Safety Training in Montana for: Billings, Missoula, Great Falls, Bozeman, Butte-Silver Bow, Helena, Kalispell, Havre, Anaconda-Deer Lodge County, Miles City, Helena Valley West Central, Belgrade, Helena Valley Southeast, Livingston, Lockwood, Laurel, and many more!