Ohio Alcohol Server Training Permit
Ohio Alcohol Seller-Server Training Requirements
Responsible alcohol seller-server training in Ohio ensures that sellers and servers of alcohol understand the Ohio liquor laws and serve alcoholic beverages responsibly.
This responsible vendor training program can significantly reduce the risk and liability associated with alcohol service - whether or not it is required by Ohio. It also provides a “reasonable efforts” defense against service violations and civil claims and may reduce insurance premium costs.
Whether you’re a server, bartender, store clerk, manager, or business owner in Ohio, this online alcohol server training is the easiest, most efficient way to learn about the responsibilities and best practices related to selling and serving alcohol. Your online Ohio alcohol server certification gives you the training you need without the wasted time spent in a classroom! Earn you Ohio alcohol license from the convenience of your home!
Ohio Alcohol Regulatory Agency
The Ohio Division Of Liquor Control is responsible for the control over the importation, distribution, sale, and consumption of alcoholic beverages, which applies to all retailers, suppliers, and wholesalers who are licensed to manufacture, sell, serve, transport, or store liquor in the State of Ohio.
Source: Ohio Department of Commerce - Division Of Liquor Control
Ohio Alcohol Seller-Server Training Regulations
Ohio Alcohol Seller-Server Training Contact Info
Ohio Department of Commerce
Division Of Liquor Control
6606 Tussing Road
Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068-9005
Phone: (614) 644-2411
Ohio RBS Alcohol Seller-Server Training Course
This course is about 3 hours in length and provides the learner (i.e., bartender, server, waiter, or a waitress) with the necessary knowledge about the particular state laws regarding alcohol service and proven techniques needed to be a responsible seller of alcohol and for providing a safe environment for customers. Specifically, you will learn:
- how to protect yourself and your establishment from liability;
- how alcohol affects your customers;
- how to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers;
- how to prevent customers from becoming intoxicated;
- how to intervene when you need to refuse a sale to someone;
- how to prevent and deal with disturbances;
- how to accurately check IDs and recognize minors;
- how to prevent second-party sales; and
- how to refuse a sale.
Credit Hours: 3 hrs
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
- Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
- Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
- Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
- Lesson 6: Second-Party Sales
- Lesson 7: How to Refuse a Sale
- Lesson 8: State Laws
End of Course - Certificate
At the conclusion of the course, the learner will be tested on their knowledge of the learning objectives and content. Upon successfully passing the exam with a minimum of 70%, the learner will be issued a course certificate document (or permit).
- Duration: 3 Hours
- 100% online - no classroom attendance!
- Take course anywhere and anytime!
- Download certificate upon completion!
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 - Online
Ohio RBS Alcohol Seller-Server Training
Get up to a 40% group discount! Enroll and train all your food safety employees with a group enrollment. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners using a cloud-based platform. More Info
We offer online Alcohol Safety Training in Ohio for: Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Toledo, Akron, Dayton, Parma, Canton, Youngstown, Lorain, Hamilton, Springfield, Kettering, Elyria, Lakewood, Cuyahoga Falls, Dublin, Powell, Canfield, and many more!