About Alcohol Seller-Server Training
Alcohol Seller-Server training instructs a server, bartender, store clerk, manager, or business owner about the responsibilities and best practices related to selling and serving alcohol. It also mitigates liability during a lawsuit involving intoxication by providing evidence of intent on the part of the establishment that serves and sells alcoholic beverages – a “reasonable efforts defense” – or Safe Harbor.
Responsible Alcoholic Beverage Service Training
Responsible beverage service (RBS) training programs give owners, managers, and staff of establishments that serve alcohol knowledge and skills to help them serve alcohol responsibly and fulfill the legal requirements of alcohol service.
Training programs for managers and owners most often provide guidance on implementation of service policies and practices. Training programs for servers focus on knowledge and skills that enhance their ability to prevent excessive alcohol consumption among patrons and minimize harms from excessive drinking that has already occurred.
RBS training general topics include:
- Checking IDs
- Service practices that reduce the likelihood of excessive consumption
- Identifying and responding to early signs of excessive consumption (e.g., rapid consumption)
- Identifying intoxicated patrons and refusing service to them
- Intervening to prevent intoxicated patrons from driving
What is BASSET Seller-Server Training?
Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training (BASSET) is the State of Illinois’ responsible beverage seller/server program. Under the licensing and regulatory laws of the Illinois Liquor Control Commission, BASSET is designed to encourage profitable, responsible, and legal alcohol sales and service. By July 1, 2018, all on-premise alcohol servers (and those required to check identification for alcohol service) will be mandated to take BASSET. Get more information here.
Alcohol Seller-Server Course Specials
- Arizona Title 4 Basic – $15.95
- California RBS Training – $12.50
- Illinois BASSET Certification – $13.95
- Georgia Alcohol Seller-Sever - $8.00
- Nevada Alcohol Seller-Server – $19.95
- New York ATAP Training – $14.95
- Ohio Alcohol Seller-Sever - $8.00
- Texas TABC Certification – $10.99
- Utah EASY Certification – $15.95
Alcohol Seller-Server Popular Courses
- Arizona Title 4 Manager – $35.00
- California RBS Winery Training – $12.50
- Florida Seller-Server – $7.50
- Hawaii RBS Seller Server - $25.00
- Louisiana Responsible Vendor – $9.75
- Minnesota Seller-Server – $16.50
- Montana Seller-Server – $15.00
- Vermont ASAP Certificate – $25.00
- Washington DC Seller-Server – $25.00
Alcohol Seller-Server Group Rates
Save Big with Group Rates
Get huge discounts by enrolling and training all your employees.
Enjoy tailored corporate solutions and training services - a free cloud-based LMS and even consulting services.